Hi and welcome to my site. Today I’m going to review the Yard Sentinel and I am going to run through its features, the good points and the bad, then customers reviews and point you in the direction of where to get the best price.
I’m reviewing this mainly as a cat deterrent however my research reveals that many people buy this to repel a vast assortment of animals, from the large (dear, bear) to the smaller (cats and mice) and everything in-between.
Or you can check out the full review below.
- Up To 5,000 sq. ft. of coverage range
- Adjustable PIR Infrared Motion Sensor with Night Time Scanner
- Inaudible High Pressure Ultrasonic Sound Wave or Intruder Alarm
- 3 selection technologies: Motion Sensor / Constant / Continue Sweep
- 3 Time Selections – All the time, day or night
- AC or Battery Powered
- Easy install and offers great pest protection for almost everywhere.
- Humane, no toxic chemicals.
- Works great against Rodents, Sea Rodents, Seagulls, Insects, Rats, Mouse, Birds, Bears, Deer, Dogs, Cats, Raccoon, Ducks, Geese, Squirrels, Skunks, Foxes…
How much does it cover?
This Aspectek sentinel covers a massive 5,000 sq. ft. of your yard that’s a distance of 70 ft. that just one sentinel can keep cat free for you.
Works at night
This scarer comes with a built-in infra-red heat sensor which will detect the heat signature of your pest up to 70 feet away, but it can be adjusted to make it less sensitive if you wish to cover only a section of your yard. Because it uses a heat detector to find pests it will work both day and night… Darkness is not a cover!
Pests are hit with an Inaudible High Pressure Ultrasonic Sound Wave when they come into range. Good news, it’s inaudible to humans so we are not affected or inconvenienced by the sound, but it scares the life out of its target.
Can also stop theft
If you select the intruder alarm setting, the yard Sentinel will produce a loud audible alarm letting you know that it has been triggered, so turning it into a burglar alarm.
There are 3 settings you can use.
- Motion sensor – This setting triggers the ultrasonic sound only when a heat signature is in range. This is a great setting if you use batteries only.
- Constant – This gives out a constant ultrasonic sound giving warning to animals and making them uncomfortable to be near.
- Continuous Sweep – gives out ultrasonic sounds at different frequencies at random time intervals which will startle pests as well as making them uncomfortable to be near.
Next there are 3 time settings “All the time, day or night”. This gives you more options to save power from the battery.
The Yard Sentinel can be powered in various ways. AC via a supplied 33 foot extension cord or 6V – 24V DC battery power sources including a vehicle power source, by connecting to the Cigarette Lighter Socket, and DC Sealed lead-Acid (SLA) battery power source
This yard scarer is very easy to install, either place on the ground or mount to a wall. Just face it towards the area you want to be pest free.
A great feature of all ultrasonic pest deterrents is that they just use sound to keep your yard clear. No chemicals or traps are used just sound, making this a humane safe deterrent.
I’m amazed at the number of different pests the Sentinel will scare away. Here is the list again Rodents, Sea Rodents, Seagulls, Insects, Rats, Mouse, Birds, Bears, Deer, Dogs, Cats, Raccoon, Ducks, Geese, Squirrels, Skunks, Foxes…
I hope you have enjoyed the review, check out below some of the comments made by customers who have bought this product, or you can click here Amazon USA or Amazon UK to buy the Yard Sentinel. I recommend you purchase from Amazon for the best prices and prompt delivery.
One lady with a very large garden was extremely pleased with this device not only did it stop rabbits, deer and other animals from eating her veg patch but it also kept cats and dogs away! How about that, not just one pest problem cured but at least 4 just from one sentinel.
A problem that seems to crop up is that it is too sensitive! Even on the lowest setting it will detect movement 20 feet away.
I’m pleased to say that the majority of comments was positive so I can recommend this product for you.
If you found my review helpful please click a share button below. Thank you.