PestBye Battery Operated Cat Repeller
Let’s get your garden free from cats!
Today I am researching the PestBye battery operated cat repeller and I’m going to run through the features, the good points, and the bad, I’ll also include customer’s opinions and point you to the best direction to get the best price.
What is a sonic cat scarer?
PestBye cat repeller is basically a loud-speaker which gives off a very loud ultrasonic noise (which most humans cannot hear) but cats can, they are either scared of the noise or find it uncomfortable to be around.
This PestBye sonic cat repellent is controlled by an infra-red heat detector which turns the speaker on when the heat from the cat comes into range this is around 7 metres from the detector.
How does it scare cats?
The noise emitted from the sonic cat scarer is a very sudden, loud, high pitch noise which is usually enough to scare most cats away. If that doesn’t work then the incessant noise will make the cats uncomfortable, and cats like to be relaxed when they do their business. So they go elsewhere where they can relax while having a poop.
- Works day and night – Keeping your garden cat free 24hrs
- Battery operated –Owners say batteries last for around 9 months
- Infra-red (PIR) motion sensor which turns the device on when a warm body enters your garden
- Different output frequency setting to target specific animals
- Adjustable Sensitivity settings – Can be targeted
Who is it suitable for?
Just one ultrasonic scarer will cover an 80 degree arc, to a distance of up to 23ft (7m) so if the area you want to keep totally clear of cats is larger than 7 metres, you will need more than one.
Not suitable for pet owners. If you have pets of your own, either cats or dogs, they will be affected also.
Unfortunately it can’t tell pest from pet.
Is it any good?
No cat repellent is 100% guaranteed but this is far better than using scented sprays and pellets. However used in conjunction with them, buyers who used both sprays and ultrasonic comment that their gardens are now cat free!
Are there better Ultra sonic scarers ?
PestBye is the market leader in ultrasonic cat scarers, but there are others which come in different formats to suit all.
- Battery operated – Free from wires but the battery will run out (about 3-9 months)
- Mains operated – Needs to be permanently plugged into the mains, but it is a set and forget device (this is the one I used).
- Solar rechargable – No wires, and the batteries normaly last a year depending on the sun and then you only need to recharge the batteries. This is truly a set and forget about it.
Value for money Would I recommend it?
This sonic cat scarer has far better results than scent related products, and is only slightly more expensive. I myself have bought one in the past and it did keep my yard free from cats, so I definitely recommend this for keeping your garden and yard cat free.